Examples of our recent work
- Christchurch District Court (decision 22 November 2016): Successful claim against a defendant denying liability under a contractual arrangement for the division of profits between business partners.
- Successfully defending an application for summary judgment brought against a guarantor under a loan agreement in UDC Finance Limited v Rout  NZHC 212.
- Representing several clients in Adjudication under the Construction Contracts Act 2002.
- Successfully arguing for unequal division of relationship property Mauger v Mauger  NZFC 570.
- Successfully liquidating high profile Christchurch construction company Williams & Co Ltd.
- Representing an engineer through the IPENZ complaints process arising from the Canterbury Earthquakes.
- Obtaining an urgent freezing order over bank accounts in a relationship property dispute in Johnson v Watling, CIV-2012-409-1425, Christchurch High Court, 13 July 2012.
- Successfully making application for summary judgment to recall letters of administration in Lee v Archer  NZHC 3308.
Get further advice from
I am a consultant who joined Saunders & Co in 2013 from Franklin Law in Pukekohe. There I was a Senior Solicitor practising as a civil and family court lawyer and head of the estates administration team.
Based at our Hornby office, I have an extensive general practice with an emphasis on estate administration and litigation, relationship property agreements and litigation, wills, enduring powers of attorney, and residential property conveyancing. I also have significant experience in rural legal matters, in particular, the dairying and chicken farming industries.
With a relaxed, friendly approach, I relate to a wide range of people, and am able to help individuals to solve any legal issues they may face. Relationship property makes up around half of my practice. I am known for being calm and pragmatic as I help clients navigate what can be emotionally-charged situations.
I am well organised, like to keep a tidy office, and enjoy using technology to communicate with my clients.
I specialise in the following areas:
What My Clients Say
“I am so pleased that I chose Saunders & Co for all my legal requirements. I have found that they are very professional and a pleasure to deal with.”
“The team that assisted me during my relationship split, proved to be professional and went above and beyond to assist me. They made the process as simple as they possible could, they also showed empathy during a very stressful time.”
We would just like to thank you for all your assistance in the whole process of buying our first home. It was not smooth but with your help it was made easy. We’d be very happy to recommend you to family and friends in the future. We will be in touch if we need your service again.”
Dennis Demanawa and Marie Bulaong
“We were very pleased with Peter’s help in understanding our options and are pleased to now have a local Hornby contact for legal advice in the area of commercial debt recovery. We appreciated his prompt attention to questions and advice.”
Heather Ruddle, Prestige Commercial Vehicles
“Thank you to both of you Peter and Jennifer, for the sensitive way in which you managed to navigate our issues. I acknowledge you were often placed in an uncompromising position needing to deal with our emotional frustrations and sometimes angry outbursts. With your patient guidance and understanding we have now reached an amicable outcome.”
R Naida Glavish ONZM JP, Co-Chair Te Runanga o Ngati Whatua