Our family law services
Family law is unique because of the sensitive and emotionally charged issues that are often involved. It is often a challenging time for people and our advice to clients aims to reflect this. Our pragmatic approach endeavours to take the stress out of this process and find a solution that is in the best interests of our client.
While family law can often involve stressful times, our clients also come to see us for advice on the legal implications of establishing a relationship or family, the creation of wills, and other matters that are not the subject of a dispute.
We advise on a range of family law matters including:
- Drafting and advising on contracting out agreements (“pre-nups”)
- Relationship property issues
- Domestic violence and protection orders
- Enduring powers of attorney
- Protection of Personal and Property Rights Act 1988
- Child care and contact
- Estate administration
- Family Protection Act and Testamentary Promises Act claims